Due to the booming infrastructure and economy of Singapore, it is rising in terms of higher education hub. Singapore situated in Asia Pacific region in gaining the limelight in terms of education and MBA from Singapore is growing largely making it an ideal choice for the candidates. There are numerous types of MBA which are gaining popularity in Singapore but MBA and Executive MBA are two of the most popularly opted courses by the candidates. Students can easily work during studying for MBA as well as EMBA as the universities permit to work 16 to 18 hours per week. For Indian students, Singapore is one of the preferred destinations as the universities give students admission on the basis of their academic records rather than focusing on the entrance test results. Singapore enhances the global experience as students from more than 30 countries come to study. You will be surprised to know that in Asia Pacific region, Singapore has some of the finest educational institutions. Singapore has an amazing environment for work in whole of Asia where work opportunities are in bulk for the students.
Singapore is one of the safest countries across the world which makes it an ideal choice for the students to opt for the MBA program. National University of Singapore Business School and INSEAD-Asia Campus are some of the most famous institutes in Singapore for MBA and higher studies.
REASONS TO STUDY MBA IN SINGAPORE
- Students can boost their career by opting for MBA in Singapore.
- Singapore offers MBA in powerful contemporaries from numerous fields.
- MBA in Singapore offers various opportunities by switching to new organization and industry.
- Students get an opportunity to access to corporate professional networks.
- The universities in Singapore offer great infrastructure and are renowned.
- MBA in Singapore inculcates in students the abilities of analytics, reasoning, graphic interpretation and so on.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN SINGAPORE
- MBA awarded by Singapore universities is more favourable as compared to others.
- There is much competition in Singapore so the students find it amazing to find their dream managerial job.
- The course fees in MBA is quite affordable as compared to other countries.
- The overall expenses are less and the money is saved as compared to UK or USA.
- In the future also an MBA degree from Singapore university will have more recognition.
- Singapore universities offer excellent infrastructure and communication skills of the students are greatly improved.
TYPE OF MBA PROGRAMS IN SINGAPORE
Singapore provides MBA in two categories namely:
- Executive MBA
- Executive MBA permits candidates having an experience of more than 12 years.
- Candidates are evaluated based on professional networks.
Singapore offers top 6 MBA which are as follows:
- INSEAD Singapore
- NUS MBA
- NTU MBA
- ESSEC Global MBA
- SMU MBA
- SUSS MBA
DURATION OF MBA IN SINGAPORE
There is different duration for different MBA programs in Singapore.
- Executive MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
- MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
The eligibility criteria may differ depending on one university to another university. Some of the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university
- Candidate must have a competitive GMAT / GRE score
- Candidate must possess a professional experience with leadership capability with an average of 5 years.
- Candidate must be able to actively participate along with having strong communication skills
- Candidate must have at least 3 years of post-university professional experience
- Candidate must know and well versed with Advanced level of English
There are some of the mandatory documents required by every university.
- A certified copy of high school diploma
- A certified copy of previous degrees that is bachelor’s or master’s
- All other relevant qualifications in the original language
- Correctly filled up application form
- A copy of valid passport especially the personal information, photo ID page
- Passport size photos
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A translated overview of all the course modules
- Overview of the grades of the applicant
Before applying for MBA in Singapore, a candidate must keep in mind following points:
- Proof of English language proficiency test
- Medical certificate
- Payment receipt for admission fees
- Completely filled application form
- 4 passport size photos
- copy of the passport
- The CV the candidate with the details about the school, professional career and other vital details.
- One academic reference (This is optional)
- One personal reference (This is optional)
- Undergraduate program diploma issued by the legitimate university
- There are 3 times admission intakes for MBA in a year.
- First intake is in the month of January.
- Second intake is in the month of September.
- Third intake is in the month of October.
Student VISA includes the following:
- Complete filled and signed national visa application form.
- Your valid national passport.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Your certificate of birth. (If Required)
- Your marriage certificates. (If Required)
- Your child’s certificate of birth.
- Your recent 3 passport-style photographs.
FINANCIALS REQUIRED FOR MBA IN SINGAPORE
- MBA in Singapore is more economical as compared to MBA in UK.
- Statistics highlight that an average of 15% difference in fees exist in Singapore and UK.
- The application process to pursue MBA in Singapore:
- Search for an MBA Program.
- Student must meet all requirements.
- Learn the basics of English Language.
- Student must arrange for the financial resources.
- Apply for Admission in MBA via online application form.
- Get Your Singapore Student Visa for MBA program i.e. residence permit.
- Find the necessary accommodation required by the student near the university.
- Enrol for MBA program in Singapore University.
COST OF LIVING IN SINGAPORE
- The cost of living in Singapore is quite reasonable and affordable.
- Cost of food varies from SGD 2 to SGD 14.
- Cost of housing varies from S$50 to S$3000.
- The cost of laundry ranges around SGD 9.
- The rate of cleaning per hour costs around SGD 16.
BETTER TO LEARN SINGAPORE LANGUAGE BEFORE GOING TO SINGAPORE
- Singapore has four official languages namely English, Malay, Tamil and Mandarin Chinese.
- Candidates who are planning to go to Singapore for studying can learn basic of any one official language of Singapore.
- Learning of any one official language of Singapore will be helpful in communication for those who are not well versed with any of the official language.
- Interacting with local people can be helpful by learning any of the official language of Singapore.
- Courses are taught in English medium also thus; students need to know English.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
The country is quite expensive when it comes to educational costs and living costs but there are various scholarships that help students to afford the fees of the program. The students can manage to study the desirable course in the country. The Scholarships offered by different universities help students financially by reducing tuition costs in an international university. There are many scholarships offered to the international students who wish to study in universities in Singapore.
The scholarships are offered to the students on the basis of:
- Field of study
- Academic merit
- Community service
- Community involvement
- Financial hardship
- The industry
- Region a student belongs to
TGS (Tuition Grant Scheme)
The government of Singapore has introduced a scheme for foreign students which makes the tuition cost affordable for them. The government of Singapore will reduce the tuition cost if a foreign student signs an agreement committing to work in the nation for minimum 3 years after completing the course.
INDIAN STUDENTS IN SINGAPORE
- Every year approx. 3,000 Indian students from India go to Singapore for study purposes.
- In current scenario, there is an average growth of 25% of the Indian students for higher education in Singapore.
- Indian students have made Singapore as the education hub for pursuing higher education.
WHY CHOOSE SINGAPORE FOR MBA?
- Singapore has candidates coming from 30 countries across the world.
- Singapore makes education system a global experience.
- Singapore has world class educational institutions in whole of Asia-Pacific region.
- The education expenses in Singapore universities are quite affordable and inexpensive.
- Students are allowed to work 16 hours per week while pursuing MBA in Singapore.
- This would give them a chance to support themselves economically.
- There are no ragging and non-tolerance policy towards drug abuse by the Singapore Government makes Singapore as one the most secure and safe countries in whole of the world.
TOP 10 MBA INSTITUTIONS IN SINGAPORE
|National University of Singapore Business School|
|INSEAD – Asia Campus|
|Nanyang Technological University|
|Singapore Management University (SMU)|
|James Cook University – Singapore|
|SP Jain School of Global Management|
|Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS)|
|ESSEC Business School|
|Manchester Business School – Singapore|
TUITION COST FOR MBA IN SINGAPORE
The average fees for MBA program in Singapore is around S$30000 which totally depend upon the university. The minimum tuition cost could be around S$15000. A survey managed by the Singapore Business Review clearly shows that the total cost of an MBA program would be S$15000 – S$100,000. The quality of a program is not determined by the tuition fee of the course.
WORK WHILE STUDYING MBA IN SINGAPORE
Students are being hired for temporary internships and assignments by various organizations. Students studying in foreign universities in Singapore or studying in universities of Singapore can apply for the jobs in companies set-up there. Students are advised to study about the current market situation before applying for work. Students are allowed to apply for jobs depending on the working hours.
- Full-time (during vacations)
- Part-time jobs (during semesters)
JOBS WHILE STUDYING MBA IN SINGAPORE
If a student knows any foreign language, then it is easy to get a job of a translator or interpreter to help organizations with translating work and students get quite attractive package. Students can work in library of any college or university.
If any student who is quite good at cooking then it is easy to work as a chef or work under any head chef as there are so many Indian restaurants in the country. Students can work as cashiers or waiters at the restaurants. There are chances to get data entry jobs too.
One of the most important steps after securing a seat in a university is to find a place to stay. It is student’s choice to choose between university hostel or private apartments. If a student wants to rent a flat then he/she will have to find a place for oneself. University provides rooms and dormitories to the students studying in Singapore university. The hostel rooms are shared among 2-3 students depending upon the size of the room. If a student is not willing to share the room then he will have to pay double of the total hostel fees.
Students are advised to share rooms since it makes living affordable and also gives a companion to share necessities which save money again. Students studying in first year are given priority for university hostels. Students have to pay extra for meal packages. There are reading rooms, computer rooms, television rooms, kitchenettes and other facilities provided in the halls of residence. There are many bonding activities and welfare services conducted for the students. Rooms can cost between S$140 to S$440 per month which depends upon the size and sharing of rooms.
There are homes for foreign students offered by the locals. The home stay can cost between S$500 – S$1,000 a month
Students who live with family members can choose service apartments. It is the best option for them since they get all required comforts with the housekeeping facilities. Academic Calendar for MBA program
|Official Language||Singapore has four official languages namely English, Malay, Tamil and Mandarin Chinese|
|Exchange Rates to INR||1 Singapore Dollar is equal to 52.78 Indian Rupee|
|Culture||Singapore people adopts an amalgamation of Asian and European culture. Singapore is influenced byMalay, South Asian, East Asian, and Eurasian cultures.|
|Climate||Malaysia experiences warm and tropical climate throughout the year.|
|Minimum Temperature||23 to 26 degree Celsius|
|Maximum Temperature||33 degree C|
|Time Difference between India and Singapore||Singapore is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India|
|Travel time from India to Singapore||Approximately 5 to 6 hours (Non-Stop Flight)|
|Health Insurance||S$2000 to $3000 per year|
|Malaysian Cities||Bukit Batok, Bukit Merah, Bukit Panjang, Chou Chu Kang, Ang Mo Kio, Clementi, Geylang, Hougang|
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT SINGAPORE
- Let’s start with the most interesting fact. Singapore has a national anthem written in micro-text which is on the back of $1000 note.
- Singapore is one of the cities which has survived in the world apart from the two others Monaco and Vatican City.
- Singapura means Lion city in Sanskrit. The name of Singapore got its name from the King Sang Nila Utama who saw the creature Lion and named Singapore after that.
- There are 63 inhabited islands in Singapore apart from the main island Singapore.
- Singapore is one of the 20 countries which are the smallest. Singapore has a total land area of 682.7 square kilometres. In comparison to US, Singapore is 15,000 times smaller.
WHY CHOOSE Xpertise Education Consultancy FOR MBA IN SINGAPORE?
Xpertise Education Consultancy are one of the finest education consultants in India bringing laurels in the field of business administration. For having an optimistic career in the business administration sector, Xpertise Education Consultancy have an expert squad of consultants providing wide-ranging counselling and well-researched assistance. We at Xpertise Education Consultancy have established numerous centers across the subcontinent and each of the centers is intended to offer exceptional services ensuring a pleasing experience for our esteemed users.
To seek admission in one of the top-notch global universities for MBA, we at Xpertise Education Consultancy are here to assist you with our extensive knowledge and resources to guarantee that students get the best of everything. Our experts work day in and out as a team supporting each other with every arising issue. Our multitude of experience, skills accompanied with our enthusiastic squad have helped numerous students in seeking admissions in some of the renowned business administration universities in abroad. We are just a call away. Contact us in case of any query.
Benefits of Choosing Xpertise Education Consultancy
- Xpertise Education Consultancy have made a mark as an educational consultancy.
- We specialize in the field of business administration where customers love to be our clients.
- Transparency in our services
- Experienced counsellors
- Our 24*7 support services make us where we are today
- Processing fees easily paid in instalments and EMI.
- Our testimonials speak it all
- Customers can rely us for their MBA admissions
- We are official partners with the finest universities in abroad
- Xpertise Education Consultancy have tie ups with top-notch universities in European countries.
- We establish trust for our valuable customers.
- Our highly experienced team research out the best for you.
- We are at par with the international standards by delivering our best services.
- We provide our multitude of services at an affordable cost.
- We assist students in fulfilling their dreams and aspirations.
- We provide complete and detailed information regarding MBA admissions
- We offer the details about the fee structure at Asian and European universities.