You will be amazed to know the fact that Malaysia has been ranked at 11th position by United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) across the globe. Malaysia offers higher education programs at low cost; cost of living is affordable and simple VISA process makes it an ideal choice for the students to choose for their MBA degree. Malaysia is often voted as one of the finest countries in terms of studying and living as well. Due to the rich and diverse culture of Malaysia, large number of Indian students are opting to pursue their MBA from Malaysia. Malaysia offers B schools acknowledged by AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. For all the MBA aspirants who are planning to study abroad, Malaysia is the most preferred destination due to low cost of education and world-class education. Over 4000 overseas students are known to have pursued their higher studies along with MBA course from Malaysia. MBA universities in Malaysia offers career focused education which is beneficial in today’s scenario. Malaysian government invests a lot in higher education and offers some distinguishing features along with internationally recognized MBA program. Students can easily work while they are pursuing MBA degree program and it is one of the safest places across the globe in terms of studying and living. Malaysia offers high quality of life by providing comfortable environment for students.
REASONS TO STUDY MBA IN MALAYSIA
- There has been massive growth in the last decade especially in Malaysia regarding education.
- Malaysia has been climbing the charts of education rankings.
- Malaysia has been upgraded as the academic power-house.
- Malaysia is known as the education hub in all of South-east countries.
- The success of Malaysia’s Economic Transformation Programme has been the fundamental factor in the booming of education sector.
- International institutions have set up several campuses in Malaysia.
- Malaysia is commonly known as the EduCity thereby creating vibrant learning environment.
POPULAR UNIVERSITIES IN MALAYSIA FOR MBA
- Universiti Utara Malaysia
- Universiti Kebangsan Malaysia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation
- University of Malaya
COST OF EDUCATION IN MALAYSIA
The total course fee includes tuition fees and other study expenses. The types of expense that are incurred are:
1. Academic Fees:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Computer fee
- Laboratory fee
- Health insurance premium
- Library fee
- Examination fees
2. Non-academic Fees:
- Visa fees
- Medical check-up
- Hospitalization and health insurance premium
Living cost in Malaysia
Breakdown of living expenses in Malaysia An international student will have to pay around RM1,800 (US$450)/ month around the city. Below mentioned costs is broken down cost of living:
- A student will probably have to spend RM300 (US$75) – RM600 (US$150) per month on accommodation. The cost of rent depends on the location of the accommodation and also the type of accommodation. The students have the choice to choose between on-campus and off-campus accommodation. The rental varies depending upon this factor too. The off-campus accommodation includes an apartment, double-storey house, condominium, single-storey house where the on-campus accommodation includes university hostels and hall of residence. The monthly rental also depends upon the no. of sharing and if the rooms are with ac or without ac.
Housekeeping and Food
- The cost of housekeeping and food together will be around RM600-900 or US$150- 225 per month. The cost of 3 meals a day would be around RM20-30 or US$5- 7.50. Technically, if a student decides to cook himself then the cost of food would be reduced. It would be a smart decision to share the food and cooking expenses with roommates or flat mates.
- The cost of meal at food outlets will cost less than RM10 or US$2.50. For e.g. McDonald’s for RM5.95, KFC for RM6.90, Starbucks coffee for RM12-16 or US$3-4.
- and Domino’s pizza for RM10/ Pax.
- The cost of food available at local food stalls will cost around RM4-10 or US$1-2.50.
- The cost of food at local restaurants will be around RM20-40 or US$5-10 for one meal.
Laundry and Clothing
- The clothing expenses includes dry-cleaning, ironing, washing, etc. will cost around US$15 or RM60/ month.
- The students who choose to stay off-campus will need to incur cost of transport to commute from accommodation to the university. The cost of transport will be around RM80-150 or US$20-37.5/ month.
- Telecommunication and Mobile Phone Bills
- The packages of mobile carriers will cost around RM30-50 or US$7.50-12.50/ month. The cost depends upon the chosen promotional package and usage.
Books, Stationery and Reading Materials
- The cost of stationery and books will be around RM50-100 or US$12.50-25/ month. The cost definitely depends upon the course of study and nature of the project.
Medical or Hospitalization Insurance
- An amount of RM50 or US$12.50/ month should be paid every year. This amount of medical insurance will be sufficient in case a student needs an outpatient treatment. A student will have to pay around RM500 or US$125/ year. Personal Expenses
- The personal expenses per month will depend upon the lifestyle. The cost of personal expenses would be around RM100 or US$25 to RM200 or US$50 that includes movie, haircut, socializing needs, toiletries, clothes, etc. Note: The above reckoned budget is to plan a budget to study MBA in Malaysia. So, the students get an idea to plan expenses accordingly. The cost of living also depends upon the location of the university and accommodation.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING IN MALAYSIA
- Malaysia is known as the leader in the field of education.
- International students get an opportunity to study in Malaysia from renowned institutions.
- The curriculum adopted by Malaysian universities is at par with that of UK.
- Malaysia is known for its qualified academics and provides regular training from UK professors.
- The cost of MBA program in Malaysia is reasonable.
- The living, accommodation and cost of fees and food are very inexpensive.
- MBA from Malaysia is recognized all over the globe and is duly accredited.
TYPE OF MBA PROGRAMS IN MALAYSIA
There are variety of MBA programs in Malaysia. Some of them are:
- Executive MBA
- Global MBA
- Part time MBA
There are variety of fields in MBA program. Some of them are:
- Administrative Studies
- Business Studies
- Economic Studies
DURATION OF MBA IN MALAYSIA
There is different duration for different MBA programs.
- Executive MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
- MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
- Global MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
- Part time MBA (the duration of the program is 1 year or 2 years)
- There are some eligibility criteria set for the candidates who wish to pursue MBA.
- Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in any field he/she wants.
- Bachelor’s degree must be from the home country of the applicant or from any other country.
- Candidate must possess a master’s degree in any discipline which is not mandatory.
- Master’s degree must be from the home country of the applicant or from any other country.
- Years of experience may vary depending on the university.
There are some of the mandatory documents required by every university.
- A certified copy of high school diploma
- A certified copy of previous degrees that is bachelor’s or master’s
- All other relevant qualifications in the original language
- Correctly filled up application form
- A copy of valid passport especially the personal information, photo ID page
- Passport size photos
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A translated overview of all the course modules
- Overview of the grades of the applicant
Before applying for MBA in Malaysia, a candidate must keep in mind following points:
- Proof of English language proficiency test
- Medical certificate
- Payment receipt for admission fees
- Completely filled application form
- 4 passport size photos
- copy of the passport
- The CV the candidate with the details about the school, professional career and other vital details.
- One academic reference (This is optional)
- One personal reference (This is optional)
- Undergraduate program diploma issued by the legitimate university
- There are 3 times admission intakes for MBA in a year.
- First intake is in the month of January.
- Second intake is in the month of March.
- Third intake is in the month of September.
Student VISA includes the following:
- Complete filled and signed national visa application form.
- Your valid national passport.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Your certificate of birth. (If Required)
- Your marriage certificates. (If Required)
- Your child’s certificate of birth.
- Your recent 3 passport-style photographs.
FINANCIALS REQUIRED FOR MBA IN MALAYSIA
- MBA in Malaysia is more economical as compared to MBA in UK.
- Statistics highlight that an average of 15% difference in fees exist in Malaysia and UK.
- The application process to pursue MBA in Malaysia:
- Search for an MBA Program.
- Student must meet all requirements.
- Learn the basics of English Language.
- Student must arrange for the financial resources.
- Apply for Admission in MBA via online application form.
- Get Your Malaysian Student Visa for MBA program i.e. residence permit.
- Find the necessary accommodation required by the student near the university.
- Enrol for MBA program in Malaysian University.
PART TIME JOBS IN MALAYSIA
- International students can work outside the campus as well while studying MBA.
- Students can work up to 20 hours per week and not more than that.
- As MBA is not an easy course you have many assignments to finish so you will not have much time to work.
BETTER TO LEARN MALAY LANGUAGE BEFORE GOING TO MALAYSIA
- Candidates who are planning to go to Malaysia for studying can learn basic Malay language.
- Learning of Malay language will be helpful in communication for those who are not well versed with Malay.
- Interacting with local people can be helpful by learning Malay language.
- Courses are taught in English medium also thus; students need to know English.
SCHOLARSHIPS IN MALAYSIA
There are variety of scholarships offered by Malaysian government. Some of the popular scholarships are
- Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) Scholarship
- Malaysian International Scholarship (MIS)
- Malaysian Commonwealth Scholarship
INDIAN STUDENTS IN MALAYSIA
- Malaysia has two categories in education in Malaysia namely colleges and universities.
- Colleges serve as independent institutions whereas universities offer undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Indian students’ study in Malaysia in both type of colleges.
- There are wide variety of MBA degree courses available for Indian students in Malaysia.
WHY CHOOSE MALAYSIA FOR MBA?
- MBA awarded by Malaysian universities is more favourable as compared to others.
- There is much competition in Malaysia so the students find it amazing to find their dream managerial job.
- The course fees in MBA is quite affordable as compared to other countries.
- The overall expenses are less and the money is saved as compared to UK or USA.
- In the future also an MBA degree from Malaysian university will have more recognition.
- Malaysian universities offer excellent infrastructure and communication skills of the students are greatly improved.
AVERAGE SALARY PACKAGE IN MALAYSIA
This table shows the monthly salary of various job-roles.
|Business Development Manager||12,038||19,292|
|Senior Operation Manager||8,618||14,325|
|Quality Assurance or Control Manager||5,714||10,955|
|Shipping or Warehouse Manager||5,977||10,394|
|Production or Manufacturing Manager||5,622||8,978|
|HR or Finance Manager||6,440||10,881|
|Marketing Manager (Sales)||5,889||9,979|
NOTE: A student holding an MBA degree and working in Malaysia will probably get a hike of 500 to 800 RM per year.
|Boundaries Shared by Malaysia||China, Philippines, Singapore and Vietnam.|
|Religion||61.3% of the Malaysian population practices Islam;
19.8% of the Malaysian population practices Buddhism;
9.2% of the Malaysian population practices Christianity;
6.3% of the Malaysian population practices Hinduism;
3.4% of the Malaysian population practices traditionalChinese religions.
|Exchange Rates to INR||1 Malaysian Ringgit is equal to 17.56 Indian Rupee|
|Culture||Malaysia people adopts multi-cultural environment with the main ethnic groups as Chinese and Indians.|
|Climate||Malaysia experiences hot, humid and equatorial climate throughout the year.|
|Minimum Temperature||-2.4 degree Celsius|
|Maximum Temperature||40.1 degree C|
|Time Difference between India and Malaysia||Malaysia is 2 hours 30 minutes ahead of India|
|Travel time from India to Malaysia||Approximately 5 to 6 hours (Non-Stop Flight)|
|Health Insurance||$5 to $30 per year|
|Largest City||Kuala Lumpur|
|Malaysian Cities||Kuala Lumpur, George Town, Malacca, Johor Bahru, Kuching, Kota Kinabalu, Ipoh, Putrajaya, Alor Setar|
SOME INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MALAYSIA
- You will be surprised to know that in 1957 Malaysia declared independence from British Empire.
- Malaysia has maximum population of Ethnic Malays. Other essential groups being Chinese, Indians and others.
- Malaysia is composed of two fundamental landmasses namely Peninsular Malaysia and Malaysian Borneo separated by South China Sea.
- Malaysia is composed of four UNESCO designated World Heritage Sites namely Gunung Mulu National Park, Kinabalu Park, the archaeological heritage site of Lenggong Valley, historic cities of George Town and Melaka.
- The largest known cave in the world named Sarawak Cave Chamber is situated in Malaysia.
WHY CHOOSE Xpertise Education Consultancy FOR MBA IN MALAYSIA?
Xpertise Education Consultancy are one of the finest education consultants in India bringing laurels in the field of business administration. For having an optimistic career in the business administration sector, Xpertise Education Consultancy have an expert squad of consultants providing wide-ranging counselling and well-researched assistance. We at Xpertise Education Consultancy have established numerous centers across the subcontinent and each of the centers is intended to offer exceptional services ensuring a pleasing experience for our esteemed users.
To seek admission in one of the top-notch global universities for MBA, we at Xpertise Education Consultancy are here to assist you with our extensive knowledge and resources to guarantee that students get the best of everything. Our experts work day in and out as a team supporting each other with every arising issue. Our multitude of experience, skills accompanied with our enthusiastic squad have helped numerous students in seeking admissions in some of the renowned business administration universities in abroad. We are just a call away. Contact us in case of any query.
Benefits of Choosing Xpertise Education Consultancy
- Xpertise Education Consultancy have made a mark as an educational consultancy.
- We specialize in the field of business administration where customers love to be our clients.
- Transparency in our services
- Experienced counsellors
- Our 24*7 support services make us where we are today
- Processing fees easily paid in instalments and EMI.
- Our testimonials speak it all
- Customers can rely us for their MBA admissions
- We are official partners with the finest universities in abroad
- Xpertise Education Consultancy have tie ups with top-notch universities in European countries.
- We establish trust for our valuable customers.
- Our highly experienced team research out the best for you.
- We are at par with the international standards by delivering our best services.
- We provide our multitude of services at an affordable cost.
- We assist students in fulfilling their dreams and aspirations.
- We provide complete and detailed information regarding MBA admissions
- We offer the details about the fee structure at Asian and European universities.