UK has some of the finest and highest ranked engineering colleges across the globe. UK has become one of the most preferred destinations for pursuing Engineering courses in the world. Engineering profession has wide boundaries and there are lots of challenging activities in various domains namely research, development, manufacture, design as well as operation of products and services. Engineers are considered to be one of the greatest professions across the globe. Engineering is considered to be responsible for everything we use, consume and involve in every day activities. Engineers occupy the fundamental positions in industry and commerce from mobile communications to modern transport systems, from leisure activities to medical treatment everywhere engineers are involved.
Students must wisely choose the right Engineering course and must select the right university which is best for them. International students must consider various points by taking into consideration the academic background, future career goals and fundamentally in which field they want to specialize in. There is a high demand for good engineers in several sectors like finance, mechanical, Information Technology, electronics. However, there is lack of chartered and incorporated engineers and unemployment also prevails for engineers rather than any other profession. UK contributes more than 40% of gross domestic product in engineering led industry thereby forming fundamental role in national economy.
REASONS TO STUDY ENGINEERING IN UK
- There are more than 50,000 courses in mainly 25 subject areas.
- The engineering courses in UK are best as compared to other countries.
- Uk has multicultural society having a rich diversity of culture and language.
- UK is second only to USA in terms of education.
- Universities in UK are one of the best across the world.
- Universities in UK are on high rank in world rankings.
- UK universities have reputation of world class research.
- Higher education in UK is world famous in terms of academics.
- Students have an opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills.
- Students can improve their connections and critical thinking which will help them in future.
- There are high-quality postgraduate opportunities available in UK universities.
ADVANTAGES OF STUDYING ENGINEERING IN UK
- Lot of opportunities provided by UK education system.
- Universities in UK have strong research infrastructure.
- There are ample opportunities for work while studying.
- Students can get work permit after completing their graduation.
- There are scholarships and financial support provided by UK universities.
- Indian students in UK are often given free medical treatment.
- UK offers cross cultural experience for the students.
- Availability of universities which are low in fees.
- Internationally recognized degrees and universities.
- Universities in UK offer quality education.
- Availability of seats for international students seeking for study in UK.
- Availability of Indian cuisine being served for Indian students.
- No need of donation or capitation fees to get admission for studying in UK universities.
- Medium of language being used is English.
COURSES OFFERED IN THE FIELD OF ENGINEERING
There are several courses offered by UK universities in the field of Engineering. Some of them are as follows:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
There are two types of Engineering programmes offered by universities in UK:
- Bachelors of Engineering (B.Eng.)
- Master of Engineering (M.Eng.)
- Bachelors of Engineering is a 3-year degree course.
- Masters of Engineering is a 4-year degree course.
The eligibility criteria for studying in UK is as follows:
- Student must have a bachelor’s Degree
- Student must have recent CV/Resume
- Student must have a Letter of Recommendation from the university
- English Proficiency Test Scores: IELTS or TOEFL or PTE whichever the student has.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS TO PURSUE ENGINEERING IN UK
- Resume of the candidate
- Students need photocopy of all the educational documents
- Student must satisfy the eligibility criteria needed for the specific engineering programme
- Copy of passport
- Any additional document required by the University
- Admission forms needed by the university
- Duly filed admission form.
- Scorecard of IELTS
- Recommendation letter from the selected university
INTAKES FOR ENGINEERING IN UK
- Universities in UK offer three times intakes for Engineering in UK.
- Intakes in Engineering starts in the months of September, January and April.
- Term 1 lasts till December, Term 2 lasts till April and summer term lasts till June.
REQUIREMENTS FOR VISA
- Candidates must have a student VISA in order to enter UK.
- Overseas students need to fill in the original invitation letter to the airport authorities.
- Overseas students must have all the required documents which are mandatory.
- The letter issued by the university is helpful in getting the accommodation.
- Your valid national passport.
- Two photocopies of your passport.
- Your certificate of birth. (If Required)
- Your marriage certificates. (If Required)
- Your child’s certificate of birth.
- Your recent 3 passport-style photographs.
FINANCIALS REQUIRED FOR ENGINEERING IN UK
- Candidate must show the bank passbook or the bank statement.
- Candidate must show the availability of sufficient funds to support Engineering.
LIVING COST IN UK
- Cost of living depends largely on the lifestyle of the student.
- Weekly budget can cost approx. £240.89.
- Mobile Phone plan are cheaper depending on the services you have opted.
- Other miscellaneous cost for food, internet, books, toiletries amounts reasonable.
|£650 per month
|£25 per week
|£40 per week
- Student must search a Study Programme.
- Make sure that you meet all the requirements
- There are many online resources available that help students in preparing for the exam.
- Arrange the sufficient financial resources for Engineering
- Student can then apply For Engineering Admission in UK Universities
- Complete all the formalities related to getting a student VISA.
- Next look for the accommodation option,
- UK universities offer hostel facilities to the international students.
- Student can enrol for Engineering in UK.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR ENGINEERING IN UK
- A certified copy of high school diploma
- A certified copy of previous degrees that is bachelor’s or master’s
- All other relevant qualifications in the original language
- Correctly filled up application form
- A copy of valid passport especially the personal information, photo ID page
- Passport size photos
- Proof of English language proficiency
- A translated overview of all the course modules
- Overview of the grades of the applicant.
PART-TIME JOBS IN UK
- Students studying can opt for part-time jobs.
- Students doing part-time work can work for 4 hours in a day.
- If the candidate has Student VISA then he/she can work for a maximum of 20 hours in a week.
- If the candidate has Student VISA then he/she can work for three months during holidays.
- Permanent work is permitted for candidates who are holders of residence card in UK.
- In UK, students work in café, bars, restaurants or call centers.
INDIAN STUDENTS IN UK
- Indian students form the 3rd largest students’ group in international students in UK.
- There are 19,750 Indian students who are seeking to get admission in UK universities.
WHY CHOOSE UK?
- Availability of Indian cuisine being served for Indian Engineering students.
- No need of donation or capitation fees to get admission for Engineering in UK universities.
- Medium of language being used is English.
- Availability of universities which are low in fees.
- Availability of seats for international students seeking for Engineering in UK.
- International students prefer to study Engineering in UK as the fees is affordable.
- To help the graduates to become leaders of future, they are provided world-class education.
- All the amenities offered are best of its kind to stay in.
- UK universities are all government recognized.
- The course structures are supreme to develop better and improved understanding for the students.
FACTS ABOUT UK
|Christianity of all denominations namely Catholic, Protestant, Baptist and Methodist.
|Exchange Rates to INR
|1 Pound Sterling is equal to 92.74 Indian Rupee
|Catholic traditions prevail
|Warm summers and cool winters prevail
|-27.2 degree Celsius
|38.7 degree C
|Time Difference between India and UK
|India is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of UK
|Travel time from India to UK
|Approximately 9 to 10 hours (Non-Stop Flight)
|£1435 to £2000 per year
|London, Greater Manchester, Leeds, Swansea, Sheffield, Peterborough, York, Birmingham, Edinburg, Newport, Glasgow
|Country Ranking (2018)
|3rd amongst 44 countries in Europe
|ISO 3166 code
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT UK
- Monument of Stonehenge in UK is considered to be one of the oldest monuments across the globe. It is considered to be one of the seven world’s miracles.
- London’s Shard building inaugurated in 2012 is considered as one of the tallest building in whole of Europe.
- In UK, tea is regarded as the most popular drink among the Britishers. You will be surprised to know that on an average 165 million cups of tea is consumed every day in UK.
- In London, more than 300 different languages are spoken. Isn’t it interesting?
- First postage stamp was created in UK which was designed in the year 1840 comprising of the figure of Queen Victoria.
WHY CHOOSE XPERTISE EDUCATION CONSULTANCY FOR STUDY ENGINEERING IN UK?
For over 20 years, our multitude of services offered numerous students with the admissions in some of the eminent universities in abroad. With the support of our education counsellors, our customers were able to make sound decisions based on the precise and accurate information which we offered. Whether you require a opinion about education, counselling sessions, assessments of your interests or enquire about the admissions, we at Xpertise Education Consultancy take pride in assessing your needs and then offering you the vital assistance.
Our services, new approach and unique strategies help our clients build effective and dynamic career in the chosen field. As a result of our extensive services and our work, we have clearly identified what it takes to build a future of a student who love talking with us seeking our expert’s guidance and support. We assist students in carving a bright future and becoming an even stronger and an effective person. We at Xpertise Education Consultancy extend our valuable services to make the students realize their interests and then seek admissions accordingly.
MILESTONES ACHIEVED BY XPERTISE EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
- We offer competency which can be seen with our outstanding performance.
- Xpertise Education Consultancy offer you the customized services that suits your needs.
- With our high-quality services, students accomplish their objectives.
- We have a high degree of expertise in our deliverables to our clients.
- Our round the clock service benefits our customers.
- We help students in identifying their strengths by offering them best opportunities.
- Xpertise Education Consultancy help them in building an effective career for them.
- We assist them in analysing the potential outcomes in choosing a particular course abroad.
- Our numbers speak for our built trust, credibility and rapport with our clients.
- Our counsellors are specialists in creating an action plan that would turn the vision in reality.